Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default removing grout by power tool

wrote:

I need to remove a lot of grout between tiles and regrout with
waterproof grout. Does anyone know of a cheap rotary tool that can do
this. Those Fien Multimaster tools look like they can do the job with a
frighteningly high price. There must be a chep DIY effort around that
can do a similar job. Those rotozip type of tools look like they could
wander and cut into the tile, so I am ruling those out.

TIA.

I doubt anything would do it. A bradawl will break and clear out grout
out in under 10 seconds per side of tile. Just run it back and forth
acrosst he grout, pressing down enough to break the surface up as it
goes. Very fast. Just dont make the common mistake of using it like a
toothpick, thats silly slow.

NT