Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
tom tom is offline

Default Anyone use a snow roof rake?

" George wrote:
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:56:35 -0500, "Walter Cohen"
wrote:

).

Any assistance / recommendations are appreciated.

So,
we had an ice dam half-way up the roof, where there's no starter strip.
Oops.

My dining room cantilevers out the 24"s that is the overhang for the rest of
the house which means the dining room has a no overhang. I've learned from
experience that an ice dam directly over a wall is a much bigger problem
than one at the end of an overhang. That's why I need to rake at least 3-4 '
of my dining room roof.