Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Alarm system replacement

Don wrote:
"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..

Can someone tell me what alarm will be best to replace my old one. The
old system is Napco and the motion detectors must be replaced because they
click when anyone walks passed them.

do they still work? clicking bothersome?

All the wires are up in the attic so I plan on reusing them. And the
central controller, battery backup and alarm horns can be reused. TIA

is there something wrong with the old one? there are many that will work GE
NX systems, Napco, ademco are all good systems. How many zones does your
system have? If battery is a few years old I would replace it anyway, they
are cheap and crucial part of system.

Hi.
Battery! When I looked at one in my house, it all dried up and cracked.
I was getting battery low alarm. Replaced it for 10.00.
If I needed one now, I'd go wireless.