Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Woodpecker Nesting in Siding

"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .
A woodpecker has hammered through the wood siding on the east side of our
house--in the back--wayyy up where we need a longer ladder than we have to
reach the hole. He was made a perfect round "birdhouse" hole. It took him a
lonnngg time, like a few seasons. (He shows up usually when I am not at
home ...so I forgot about him for a long time, and what was a few bare wood
spots became a good-sized hole.) This house once had termites, so I am not
unhappy about having a woodpecker around, but not altogether happy about
the hole in the house either.

Modest correction: It's not: "He has made a perfect round..." It's SHE has
made a perfect round..."

Humans are one of the few species that build the nest....

I'd talk to your local bird experts and I'd try to find a way to both ease
my concerns AND accommodate the bird. She's just trying to get by, same as
the rest of us.