Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Maytag MAV6000 doesn't do anything

wrote:
I've been having problems with my lid switch on a Maytag MAV6000.
I've been hitting the lid or slamming it down to get it to work. I
did a load of wash and it finished the entire load without any
problems (this time I didn't need to do any slamming or banging). I
went to start another load and nothing. I turned the dial, pulled it
out and didn't get anything. The motor didn't kick in, the washer
didn't start filling, nothing. I checked for power in the outlet (I
don't have an Ohm meter to check the washer cord) and it's there.
The cord was plugged in. I replaced the timer (thinking with the
banging it jarred something in it) and it still doesn't work...any
suggestions??? Thank you in advance.

I think I would just replace the switch.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit