Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] todd1814@yahoo.com is offline

Default TS-Aligner Fall 2006 Promotional Offer!

Yes Ed, it's not made of sheet metal. That was a joke. Sense of
humor. Got one? I do have one of your aligners but I didn't buy it.
It's one of the many tools that's found its way from my fathers shop to
mine. I got some good use out of it while making a homebrew CNC
machine (that's still not finished). Yes it's very sturdy and very
heavy and I'd probably use it a whole lot more if I didn't have access
to the laser toys I work with.

I think you didn't quite get what pinlaser products are designed to
accomplish. They're specifically made for calibrating machinery. That
includes lathes, joiners, saws, mills, etc. The best part is that you
can can troubleshoot issues that only crop up when the equipment is
running. Yes, the solutions I install with their products are very
expensive. I wouldn't use them in my shop because I can't afford that.
If you do a google search, most laser calibration tools include the
hardware and software to control the laser and detection units. I put
mine together from just a laser. The logic is what costs you. I could
have gone with a cheaper laser but I got stuck with an extra from a
previous job. I didn't just "fiddle around in the shop" as you
suggested. Not entirely. I do this for a living but if you count
precision milling, programming gate arrays and writing controller code
"fiddling" then I suppose you could say your correct.

As for your other question, no it's not my phone number so that doesn't
bother me. The one sent in the email is obviously correct so yes, it's
a bit disturbing that someone has nothing better to do. I never made a
veiled threat to anyone. I don't live south of the mason dixon
anymore. I never said Ed wasn't knowledgable at calibration - only
that he's not an expert at everything - nobody is. My OP just said
that I'd prefer not to see advertising here. I'm surprised how that
comment led to all the aggressive language. I'm not what I'd consider
to be a newbie to the rec. I've just done a lot of lurking over the
past few years. Mostly because I've seen threads like this in the
past.

I have to get back out to a client now. I don't get to sit at home and
post messages all day like some of you.