Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Strange phone call this morning...

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:
I plan to, if he calls a second time. Right now, I figure he's just a
blowhard, and probably a coward besides. Plus, he's three states away,
not
across the street. If he does actually show up...he may regret that
decision.
We're capable of protecting ourselves, and ready to do so if need be.

I got into a ****ing match with a blowhard in another newsgroup once... he
said he was going to come see me. I told him to come on, published my
street address and suggested he come in through the window... and carry
some ID, so I'd know where to send the remains.

So far, he hasn't shown up. G Just as well, as I'm not likely to call
911. That's not the coroner's number, is it?

Not a good idea--found a suspicous package in the mailbox one day with a
return address that showed that it was from a netkook with whom I had been
engaged in a ****ing match. The guy claimed to be a pacifist. Opened it
from 100 yards with a 5.56mm letter opener. It made a surpisingly loud
noise and I owed the range for a target stand. One of the few times in my
life that I've regretted not calling the cops to deal with a problem but at
that point there wasn't a useful amount of evidence left. I stopped using
my real name online after that--it's distinctive and there are only a half a
dozen people in the country who share it and I'd really rather not have to
monitor my mail quite that carefully.