Martin H. Eastburn

Default Band saws for wood and metal

6e70 wrote:
This isn't EXACTLY to the point, but the February (I think), 1934
issue of Popular Mechanics has an article on making your own bandsaw.
It was a 10 or 12" benchtop model, using mostly plywood. I made one,
one cold Minnesota winter in the 1970s. It was a very gratifying
project and the saw worked great. I took a shortcut on mine and
didn't put in a tilting table, so it was extra easy. At the time all
I had for machines was a drill press and a small power hacksaw. I
think I used a hand jigsaw for the cutting, and turned the wheels on a
friend's woodlathe. I recommend this project to anyone, and it could
be built of any material at any scale.
Paul

The current (iron model) Delta wood - 12/14" bandsaw I got some years ago -
not many - has an optional pulley for slowing down a wood into a metal.

The metal version I don't think can go upwards, but you might check.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer