Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default TS-Aligner Fall 2006 Promotional Offer!

wrote:
Thanks Charlie,

I'm not sure that there is anybody around to remember, but I think I
posted my first message to the group in 1994 (about 12 years ago!).
Perhaps some people still remember the dark days of the "Bennett Wars".
I recently found some of those messages and was pretty embarrassed!
What a learning experience.

I remember when people here used to take you to task for refering
to yourself as something like "the inventor of the table saw aligner"
in your .sig.

Here's a blast from the past:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...e=source&hl=en

Back then you wouldn't have even considered posting an ad in this
newsgroup. Now some of the most vocal newbies here, like
Mr Miller and Mr Michaels are defending you. How the times
have changed.

Anyhow, regarding SPAM:

http://www.spam.com/ci/ci_in.htm

regarding Usenet spam:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...e=source&hl=en

http://groups.google.com/group/bit.l...5892df36364c64

As to whether or not your ad was appropriate to this newsgroup,
well, discussion of what is or is not on topic for rec.woodworking
is off-topic for rec.woodworking, isn't it?

--

FF