Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Wiring Strain Relief

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 00:55:03 +0000, Andy Wade wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

See http://www.langside.f2s.com/web-oso.jpg [...]
The Oftec fitter wired in the thermostat using heat resistant flex and
a white plastic "strain relief" or maybe it's a "gland". Where can I
get one like it? Nothing on TLC looks the same.

That looks like a Heyco strain relief bush. Heyco are now part of
Anixter Components, so try
http://www.anixtercomponents.com/all...l &language=2
(look at the "straight-thru" bushes).

Heyco bushes can be quite a fiddle to fit if you haven't got the magic
tool, so a conventional stuffing gland - like wot Owain suggested -
might be a better bet in any case.

Yes, that looks like it, thanks. Pity I'd have to buy 200, when I want 1
though! But at least now I can go into my friendly local electrical
warehouse and ask a sensible question ("'er mate, 'ave yer got any 'eyco
strain reliefs?" - actually the Cumbrian equivalent, but I can't spell it
yet) - I hate looking like the amateur I really am.

R.