Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone Here Ever Re-Buy A Past Home?

"Jules Vide" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm considering repurchasing a dump that to me was the Taj Mahal. Have
an appointment with my realtor to look at my old place today, which I
haven't been in in exactly four years. Just wondering if anyone here
ever did this "twice in a lifetime" type thing, and if they had any
tips, regrets, suggestions.

FWIW, I learned how unconditional love for a home could be in the years
I've been away.

When you visit, look at the house objectively. Don't pay a premium for the
memories.

This past weekend my wife and I took a ride through our old neighborhoods
both from childhood and after we married. We have no desire to move back
after moving 275 miles about 25 years ago. Neighborhoods change, we've
changed. No longer a good fit.