Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] plemke@itol.com is offline

Default Maytag MAV6000 doesn't do anything

I've been having problems with my lid switch on a Maytag MAV6000. I've
been hitting the lid or slamming it down to get it to work. I did a
load of wash and it finished the entire load without any problems (this
time I didn't need to do any slamming or banging). I went to start
another load and nothing. I turned the dial, pulled it out and didn't
get anything. The motor didn't kick in, the washer didn't start
filling, nothing. I checked for power in the outlet (I don't have an
Ohm meter to check the washer cord) and it's there. The cord was
plugged in. I replaced the timer (thinking with the banging it jarred
something in it) and it still doesn't work...any suggestions??? Thank
you in advance.