Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Wooden toolbox/chest plans

Roger amd Missy Behnke wrote:
Its made entirely from cherry except for the drawer bottoms.

I got lucky when I drilled the holes for the rods. They all lined up on the
first try.

I drilled the top drawer then installed it in the case. Slid the drill bit
through the hole to mark the next drawer then repeated until all drawers
were drilled.

Thanks.
I tried drawing it out with a flip down panel to hold the drawers
closed (like machinists chest) but it is too much wasted space and
would probably not look very nice.

I think I am going to go with the rod or try and over engineer it with
rear mounted drawer locks like a mechanics box.