Posted to rec.woodworking
Roger amd Missy Behnke Roger amd Missy Behnke is offline

Default Wooden toolbox/chest plans

Its made entirely from cherry except for the drawer bottoms.

I got lucky when I drilled the holes for the rods. They all lined up on the
first try.

I drilled the top drawer then installed it in the case. Slid the drill bit
through the hole to mark the next drawer then repeated until all drawers
were drilled.

Roger

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...

Roger amd Missy Behnke wrote:
I made the one in the second link about 14 years ago. I still use it,
but
it I build one again I will make some changes.

Put a stop on the back of the drawer to limit the travel to the rear.
The
fronts on a couple of the drawers cracked from hitting the slide on
mounted
on the inside of the case.

This surprises me. What kind of wood did you use for the fronts?

The rods used to keep the drawers closed work well.

Was it difficult to drill the holes straight and in line?

http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/arch...or_project.htm