Sunworshiper

Default un-gloat, dumpster

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:57:03 GMT, "JTMcC"
wrote:

"Sunworshiper" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:29:07 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:15:44 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Correct..and a little one man show such as myself has no lawyers on
retainer, and has a hell of a lot more to loose in a suite than does a
megacorp.

A $10,000 judgment against Megacorp is a drop in the bucket. Against
me and its a total wipe out of every thing I own or have worked for.

You're missing the point - if you want people to know that you're
unlikely to have assets worth scamming, then get yourself a cheesey
magnetic sign that says "Gunner International Corp" or some such. One of
those "ask me about Amway" might be good too.

Wayne

Ill mention that to the guys locally who work for the big crane and
construction companies, or the downhole tool guys, or all the
semi-truck mechanics who use magnetic signs on their company cars and
trucks.

Lots of those folks use those company cars (with permission of course)
as family vehicles during the weekends.

Maybe its just something typical about your or my area.

Gunner

Magnetic signs are a vicious circle from my perspective. At one
company we use to take 4 off together in a safe place. Working by
myself at another , I would take them off within a block or two and
turn off the radio. They have "people" here that will pull you over
to check to see if your ducks are in a row for having signs on your
vehicle. I had a guy show up on a job and asked what Co. I worked for
cause there was no sign in the front yard. I hadn't a clue , then he
was like where are the signs on my truck. The guy was from the
contractors board and told me I have to leave , LOL, I told him to get
out of town. He said you get out or the cops are on the way. I was
there the next day to finish the job like I told him. Now, ya'll are
saying sue happies are looking to run into ya cause you do have signs?
GGGGGeee

Well GGGGGeee, you're going to have to show me where someone said that.
I can point out some really large companies, a couple of them Enron
properties, that have quietly removed all the signs from all the vehicles
that aren't required by law to have them. This started over 6 or 7 years
ago. The main reason being, you have a little fender bender at the store,
the other cat reads the sign saying IBM on the door, and immediatly thinks
he has hit the bigtime.
Personally I like my signs, but I was hit by a drunk woman in a parking lot
once, she saw the sign on the truck and say's to me "Hey! your company will
buy me a new car!" I just grinned, she ended up leaving and they issued a
warrant for leaving the scene of an injury accident (after hitting my truck,
she ran into another car). Now, that is what we are talking about.

JTMcC.

Show you who said what?

Gunner, if we have a right to bear arms federally , why won't a CCW
carry over to other states when driving is a privilege provided by
states and you can drive all over the country?