Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffreydesign jeffreydesign is offline

Default Painting Questions ?

Well, let me put it this way;

I have had to use client-supplied Sherwin Williams "SuperPaint" a half
dozen times. Each and every time I found it to be inferior to what I
normally use on exteriors (SuperSpec) and FAR inferior to Benjamin
Moore's best exterior paint MoorGlo (for interiors, Aura - paint I
highly recommend as well.)

I will no longer accept a job that specs Sherwin Williams. I just don't
like the stuff, even their "best" paint. Maybe it's ok for Joe
Homeowner but in a production environment, it just doesn't cut it. I
happily warranty my work and I have learned what I can rely on.

I will warranty Ben Moore Paint (SuperSpec or [Regal] MoorGlo), Donald
Kaufman Paint, Eurolux and Eco.

My work is as close to perfection as it can be and clients are willing
to pay for it. I currently have a three-year waiting list for existing
[mostly commercial] clients and a five+ year waiting list for new
clients. My work speaks for itself.

-Jeff

jeffc wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've run into a lot of old-timers that swear by Benjamin Moore, or
Dutch Boy, or swear by oil paint - in general, come to think of it,
they swear a lot.

I agree there. To say there is "no comparison" between BM and SW paints is
absurd. That is like saying you really like cola, but then saying you LOVE
Coke but Pepsi makes you vomit violently.