Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn & Bob Marilyn & Bob is offline

Default odd question: in-line gfci?

Remember that this outlet (both plugs) are switched. If you expect the
outlets to be always live, you would need to have the existing switch always
on (or bypassed) and have a local switch on the under cabinet lights. Not
what you planned for. Frankly, I think the GFCI protection for the
undercabinet lights is overkill. Just hardwire in the lights as you
probably planned to do originally. Of course for bigger bucks you could put
a GFCI breaker on that circuit.
--
Peace,
BobJ

wrote in message
oups.com...

Zach Nelson wrote:
wrote:
The existing GFCI has contacts to feed additional outlets, so use them
for a added length of romex to the light

That's not a bad idea. Since that box and plate would have to exist
anyway, at this least feeding a hidden outlet in the base cabinet would
mean I'd still have use of the existing gfci outlet. Good call, thanks!

not only that but you might need that outlet someday for a kitchen
appliance, like a mixer.

the outlets location and existence are probably required by