Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Strange phone call this morning...

In article .com, wrote:
Hi Doug,

You betcha.

Call came in yesterday at 12:06:31 (just as I was sitting down to lunch
with some friends).

12:06 MST = 10:06 EST, or less than fifteen minutes after he called me.

Sure enough, the number was (205) 257-4369. When
I answered the caller hung up. I get a lot of wrong numbers so I
didn't give it much thought. But, now I know *exactly* who it was!
It's a landline and I'm sure he thinks that he is protected by having
an unlisted number.

If he persists, he'll learn just how thin that protection is when a complaint
is made to the telco about harassing calls.

Thanks,
Ed Bennett

Doug Miller wrote:
Got this call earlier this morning...

[ring] [ring]
[me] This is Doug Miller.
[caller] Hey, Doug, it's your buddy from the wreck, coming over to see you.
[me, sarcastic] Is that right.
[caller] (hangs up)

Call came from (205) 257-4369. That's the Birmingham AL area. Oddly enough,
said once that he lives in Helena, a Birmingham suburb. Do
ya think he might be my "buddy" who called?

Anybody else get a phone call like this?

--
Regards,