Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default Kreg

Joe Bemier wrote:

I have been using a Kreg system for about a year. It does not have
much application in my work but it does come in handy every now and
then for bracing or support.
I do find that *sometimes* the pocket-holed piece will jump forward
just slightly when cranking down the screws.
It is minor but if I were using it for finer work it would be a
problem. I have tried a number of solutions from the manual but I
still seem to get this from time to time.

Comments?

Not sure if, by "foreward" you mean that the faces go out
of alignment or the position shifts along the edge of the
piece to which you're attaching an end grain part.

There are two types of vise-grip clamps that solve these
problems. One has flat, round, pivoting jaws. If the two
parts are the same thickness it prevents face misalignment.
The other one has a flat, round pivoting head and a blunt
end "pin". The "pin" goes into one of the pocket holes
(assuming there are two on the end grain piece) and the
swivel jaw goes on the outside edge of the other piece.
Keeps the parts from slipping "up and down". Using both
locks everything in postion.

charlie b