Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Radon Mitigation System - Fan in Basement?

wrote:
I am currently in the process of selling my home. A radon test
revealed that my radon is at a level of 6.9 pCi/L. The buyers
interested in my home are requesting that a mitigation system be
installed.

I don't actually know law/requirements but the EPA radon site should
help.

But, this is one I'd try to get out of by buying the potential buyers
off -- let them deal with it to whatever level they're comfortable. If
go ahead and do something yourself, then I'd want a contractual
agreement up front that what it is you're going to do is going to be
acceptable irrespective of the outcome of any further test, otherwise
you're in an open-ended loop. As noted, it would be far simpler for
you to take a small hit and be done, but whatever you decide, don't
just do something just hoping it will be accepted by a potential buyer.
A piece of carpet replaced or similar cosmetic/structure is one thing,
something like radon remediation _could_ escalate into a real hassle
depending on the situation. You just want to make it a closed-ended
deal.