Posted to alt.home.repair
Smellblog Smellblog is offline

Default Plumbing Code - Can I tie my bathroom exaust fan into the main plumbing vent to the outside.

SEWER ODORS are a problem. SWEETFILTER is the solution.

Start making money today at www.Sweetfilter.cn

Simply join our affiliate program there at CCNOW for Sweetfilters.

Every city, town, etc. has obnoxious odor regulations.

Just tell your neighbors, friends, public officials, etc. that their
rooftop vent pipes and street manholes STINK and you have a solution at
www.Sweetfilter.com

You can makes hundreds of dollars each day selling and installing
Sweetfilters!!!
Grandpa wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"johnnymo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Cool...I am fixing this house to live in, but not very long (~5 years),
so I wanna stay close to code so that people won't make me fix it when
I go to sell the house.

Be sure to wire the pipe as far up in the vent as possible, so moisture is
blown all the way out. Otherwise, it's possible to have condensation on the
inside of the metal vent, which may drip back down again. I wondered about
this with mine, so I've observed while the shower as on full blast. You
should do the same when you're done.

I sure hope you are talking about one of the attic vents and not the
sewer vent, Joe. Sounds like Johnny wants to hook into the sewer vent
pipe stack which will cause all sorts of trouble when he wants to sell
the house. Not to mention that "wonderful" odor he'll be trying to track
down in his bathroom on those occasional days.

My advice Johnny, is don't tap into the sewer vent stack unless you
intend to use it to dump sewage into.

--
Grandpa