Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil Neil is offline

Default Water leak :( Nibbled water tank?

Hi,

I went to bed last night, to the sound of dripping and found out it was
from just alongside my loft hatch - set out a drip-catcher and went to
bed. This afternoon I took a closer look. It seems that the wet patch
(or the only one I can see) is on one bottom corner, a corner where the
loft hatch might rub on the tank and where it is definitely dripping from.

I've taken some pictures:
http://www.kepiernet.f2s.com/loft/subalbum_1.html

Pictures 6,7 are the best of what seems to be the 'hole'.

Any idea whether this looks rodent-caused? and perhaps more importantly
whether the tank should be replaced in a situation like this, or whether
I could just get some gungy stuff to fill the hole? (maybe even while
full of water?)

Friends/family are shouting at me to get a plumber out, and while I
can't see the rest of the loft very well, this seems to be the only
noticeable problem.

Thoughts?

--
Neil