Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Gropius Riftwynde Gropius Riftwynde is offline

Default Green factoids.

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:55:38 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

One of the side effects of the sorts of fundamental tax changes I have
been proposing is that it leads naturally to a re-localisation of
LIVING, work, being largely telework, becomes global or local..mediuem
scale commuting 20-80 miles) has got to go...and localisation means you
know your neighborhood, take care of it and police it yourself.

Personally I think this is a great social plus.

Indeedly so. My clients come to me (the B&B season), or I to them
(sometimes as far away as - oh Oxford and Cambridge - about 300+
miles), and sometimes virtually, as far away as California (web
clients). I don't care where they come from as long as I make a
living. It's when I physically have to travel myself that I get grumpy
about it. The normal commute from the bedroom to the bathroom is the
most difficult bit.

There is a lot to be said for earning a living in virtual worlds.

---
GR