Gunner

Default un-gloat, dumpster

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:15:44 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Correct..and a little one man show such as myself has no lawyers on
retainer, and has a hell of a lot more to loose in a suite than does a
megacorp.

A $10,000 judgment against Megacorp is a drop in the bucket. Against
me and its a total wipe out of every thing I own or have worked for.

You're missing the point - if you want people to know that you're
unlikely to have assets worth scamming, then get yourself a cheesey
magnetic sign that says "Gunner International Corp" or some such. One of
those "ask me about Amway" might be good too.

Wayne

Ill mention that to the guys locally who work for the big crane and
construction companies, or the downhole tool guys, or all the
semi-truck mechanics who use magnetic signs on their company cars and
trucks.

Lots of those folks use those company cars (with permission of course)
as family vehicles during the weekends.

Maybe its just something typical about your or my area.

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives