Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] blah@blah.com is offline

Default How to hang pine wall planking

I finished framing my basement with 2x4's. Electrical, insulation, and
vapor barrier is installed. I plan on finishing the walls with 8"
wide tongue & groove wall planking, The planks will be horizontal
across the studs. I plan on using an air nailer to nail the 8inch
wide 8foot long planks to the studs through the tongue of the planks

Any advice relative to my installation? How far off the floor should I
start? How to you handle the joints at the ends of the planks? I
assume you don't just butt them together. Should the end joints of
the boards be staggered? If so, what's the best way to do that?

Thanks,
Kevin