Posted to alt.electronics
chetanthegreat chetanthegreat is offline

Default Power factor/ frequency / true rms measurement of a 230V AC 50hz signal

Basically I am set out to build a power analyzer,
which will include :-
-1 phase supply monitoring-
-Surge detection capabilities of the order of 10 microseconds
-Data logging at configurable intervals
-Current harmonics distortion calculation
-Measurement of parameters -True rms I & V, KVA, KVAR , cos(phi)

I need to find out how to measure the power factor
from the AC mains supply using a DSP microntroller and MATLAB for
demonstration purpose. So far I have reached a stage where I can
acquire data using a conditioning circuit which includes a CT and a PT,
followed by Instru. Amp. I tried looking for algorithms for measurement
of these factors over the internet but didn't get any threads on the PF
front.
I would be really grateful if somebody could help
me out with this.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Chetan.