Posted to alt.home.repair
Nathan Zimmerman Nathan Zimmerman is offline

Default Water pressure backup sump pump

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I have friends in Buffalo, they were out of power from the 12th
through to a Saturday, musta been the 21. They also have a sump.

I was considering doing a cellar pumping business, but wasn't sure how
to advertise. A couple friends of mine offered to be my secretary, but
neither came through. And the window of oportunity was only a couple
days.

Most battery backup sumps are 12 volts, which means you can charge the
battery with jumper cables off your car's power. Since a lot of folks
bought generators, look for them in the news paper or Swap Sheet in
about six months. As folks relax, and don't need the generator any
more. So they think.

Another option is a power inverter, and short cables to clip onto your
vehicle battery, while engine is running. Use short battery cables,
and a long extension cord. AC 110 volts travels a lot better.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Thanks for your responses. They are very helpful. I bought a 1200 watt
inverter but need to find the short cables. I still want something that
will help when I am not at home...

Nathan Zimmerman

--
Replace "invalid" with "net" to despam

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore --Yogi Berra