Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Cleaning Brass Post Office Box Doors

Mother's mag and aluminum polish. Works just as well on brass. Years ago,
when I was in army basic training, the brass polish of choice was Brasso as
that was what was available in the PX. One of the guys in our barracks
brought a can of Mothers with him. He was told, after the first inspection,
to either supply it to the rest of us or use Brasso like everyone else. It's
that good.

"Rick Melson" wrote in message
.net...
I've bought some old POB doors to make banks for the grandkids.

Having trouble getting the doors clean. Have tried soap and water and

brass
polish but they are still only about halfway there.

Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks,
Rick