Posted to rec.woodworking
Shopdog Shopdog is offline

Default OT Lawmakers Look To Ban Metal Bats

Honestly, I believe that it is the parents fault now days. Just look at how
many children go unsupervised for long periods of time. Remember back when
if an adult saw you screwing off, they'd walk up to you and "talk' to you,
or grab you by the ear and take you off to your parents. Now, if someone did
that they would be in court up to their ass. When I was young just the
thought of my father finding out I did something I wasn't supposed to kept
me from doing it. The phrase just you wait til your father gets home was
enough to make me wish it was only jail.

But, I am not going to let that happen to my kids, with my son all I
have to do say that " you really disapointed me" and that make my son
genuinly sad. The phrase wait til your father gets home still means
something in this house. Oh, I don't ever hit him, but don't tell him that.
He is a very good child with normal boyish behaviour, and I like that. I let
him get away with certain things yet there are others that simply don't fly
here. I tell him to go to bed he goes and without a fuss. It falls to us the
parents to stop this problem.

Searcher