Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default failed septic system drain field

On 1 Nov 2006 13:14:41 -0800, "BradMM" wrote:

I replaced the line going from the tank to the drain field a few years
ago. Now, it looks like the drain field may have failed. We have
tennants in the house now so they aren't as careful with it as we were.

What's the best option (of course, costs in our area will be a big
part):
* dig up, remove the drainfield, replace myself
* contract out digging up and removing; replace myself
* contract out the whole thing
* install an aerobic system
* install a lift station and tie into the City sewer that runs out
front (it's uphill) and have the tennant pay the additional monthly fee

Pretty stupid to be trying do decide what to do when you
don't know what the problem is in the first place.

Pump the tank, and then have someone do a flow test, and find OUT
whether the leachfield is hosed. THEN decide what to do about it.