Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.electronics
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default AC Adapters

On 31 Oct 2006 15:54:35 -0800, "
wrote:

I have done a lot of this, changed plugs oon them too.

What the government should do is mandate a standard, 12 volts AC with
standard plug

have the device convert it to DC if necessary, change the voltage
whatever.

since AC has no polarity and a standard plugwe would cut down n the
amount of trash, and simplify things.

It would.

If we has 12VAC power available everywhere, the adapters could be much
smaller (or even built in to equipment).

There's a lot of things that could use standards, including button
cells (used in watches, hearing aids, etc...).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy