Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wet Basement, wet carpet

wrote in message
ups.com...

Almost all insurance repair /salvage companies will have fans that can
be set to blow under the carpet. This dries the carpet from the
underside first. Most of the time the carpet is not affected by this.
You should be able to rent these at a local rental company.

-Lee

It is raining outside, so taking it out is not an option. It s already
been pulled up and cat into sections so I dont know how we could blow
under the carpet. How many days do you think it can be wet before its
a lost cause??

Nobody can know how many days. The longer you ask questions and cut bait and
think about it, the worse it's going to get. Suggestion: There are cleaning
companies that specialize in this sort of thing. Check the yellow pages, or
call your fire department. They may have suggestions.