Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Dick is offline

Default Cracks In Ceiling

Have a cathedral ceiling in living room of condo. The ceiling has a
dormer with a window. The condo is three years old and for those past
three years, when we return home the celing is cracked (roughly 2 ft
wide) between the opening for the dormer and the wall. The builder has
always repaired but he is now hedging saying that the problem is when
we shut the house down without any ventillation or ac, the ceiling is
being stressed because of the heat building up during the hot days of
summer. Is this a valid theory? Should I buy into this or is there a
problem with construction? What does it take to correct problem?