Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] shoaib.m.chaudhry@gmail.com is offline

Default Hot water boiler (residential) problem

Hi,

My boiler was leaking water from the pressure relief valve and running
at about 40psi. So, I changed the expansion tank, pressure relief
valve, water regulator, and the component that let's out the steam and
keeps the water in. To accomplish this, I drained water from the
pressure relief valve. The pressure after draining the whole water was
still showing at 10psi. I turned the water inlet, and temperature
immediately went to about 28psi. When the temperature rises to about
180-185 degrees, it goes as high as 30psi, but no water falls out of
pressure relief valve.

I don't know what else to do. Do you think my psi gauge is bad? A
friend thinks it is becuase the water pressure in my house is 100psi,
however I dont' buy that b/c water regulator is suppose to control
that... Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

If you think it's the gauge.. is it easy to change and just screw out,
or something more complicated?

Thanks.