6e70

Default Band saws for wood and metal

This isn't EXACTLY to the point, but the February (I think), 1934
issue of Popular Mechanics has an article on making your own bandsaw.
It was a 10 or 12" benchtop model, using mostly plywood. I made one,
one cold Minnesota winter in the 1970s. It was a very gratifying
project and the saw worked great. I took a shortcut on mine and
didn't put in a tilting table, so it was extra easy. At the time all
I had for machines was a drill press and a small power hacksaw. I
think I used a hand jigsaw for the cutting, and turned the wheels on a
friend's woodlathe. I recommend this project to anyone, and it could
be built of any material at any scale.
Paul