Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default TS-Aligner Fall 2006 Promotional Offer!

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:37:23 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

Into the bozo bucket for you.

To Todd:

You make some good, and IMHO, valid points. They may not be applicable
in this particular case, but that's a judgment call. In general, they
are very good points. This is an unmoderated group and, as such, there
is some, not a lot, but some spam in this group.

A true spammer will just drop off the s**t and be gone. In this
instance, I don't believe that to be the case. But, that's just my
observation. I think most inhabitants of the Wreck just ignore the
spam, as they try, all too often unsuccessfully, to ignore the trolls
that crop up on occasion.

As you've undoubtedly noticed, there are some who feel awfully
paternalistic, defensive and, dare I say, possessive, toward the
Wreck. But, as it should be obvious to all, you are as much an "owner"
of the Wreck as anyone else who's here.

Oh, BTW, Semper Fi! I was there in the 60's, and there are a several
others of us around.

To Lee:

You also, make some valid points. But "whining"? I didn't see that.
Neither do I see a need to block your posts simply because of the ad
hominem contribution to this thread.

To All,

"But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by
the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if
you wish to secure the blessing. It behooves you, therefore, to be
watchful ...." -- Andrew Jackson, Farewell Address, March 4, 1837

And, if I may add to Jackson's words, it serves no good purpose to
attack the watcher when an alarm is raised. Much better to simply, and
dispassionately, educate the watcher if the alarm is false.