Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default TS-Aligner Fall 2006 Promotional Offer!

In article .com, " wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com,

" wrote:
You're not (quite) the only one here to feel the way you do -- but you are in
a very small minority, and it seems to me that the group would suffer much
more from Ed's departure than from yours.

It's interesting that you speak for what you suggest is "the majority"
and categorize me as "the minority".

My comments are based on observing the number of people who support Ed and his
(actually infrequent) posts here, and those like yourself who oppose his doing
so. On that basis, you *are* in a small minority.

I didn't realize you were
president of this here usenet group. You must be a real important guy
- much more important than anyone else here. After all, you get to
decide who is more important than who.

As opposed to yourself, who thinks he should get to decide who's allowed to
post, and post what, here...

I'm not trying to "decide who is more important than who". My statement is
clearly labelled as my _opinion_. That's what "it seems to me" means.

Seems I was right, too.

Perhaps you could share your
"org" chart with me so I can figure out where I fit in.

Guess.

I didn't see a large number of responses for or against commercial
advertisements, which makes it impossible to determine what the
minority or majority thinks about the issue. Your attempt to minimize
my involvement and interest in woodworking has nothing to do with
facts.

I made no comments at all about your "involvement and interest in
woodworking". I merely offered my opinion on your value to the group, relative
to Ed Bennett's.

Seems I was right, too.

But your response is familiar. Exactly what I've seen in other
groups before they stopped being a place for hobbiests to meet.

Of course you're free to leave whenever you wish. Some folks may try to talk
you into staying.

Some won't.

--
Regards,