Simon Avery

Default Adhesive colour for floor tiles?

(Greg) wrote:

Hello Greg

G| I have just bought some ceramic floor tiles, sandstone (or
G| limestone? can't remember) grout and adhesive. The adhesive
G| is grey. My tiler (sorry, no time to DIY this one...) tells
G| me the adhesive should be white or it will show through.
G| This sounds strange to me, but is he right?

Huh?

Combined adhesive/grout products (crap, btw - don't use as a grout,
they're too sticky and are far harder to clean off the tiles) would
obviously show, but adhesive is hidden unless you have a really messy
tiler.

UNLESS, it's because it's real Sandstone, which is absorbant and
might, concievably, suck the adhesive up (can't think it would, just
mooting possibilities) but even then, if that happens then your tiles
are ruined anyway.

No, sorry, really can't figure out what he means.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: