Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomarse Thomarse is offline

Default wiring a kitchen light

Hi,

Its hard to say without seeing what you have there, each house is wired
slightly differently.. I definately WOULD NOT just wire thins up and
try it, it coudl be dangerous, blow a fuse or start a fire... have you
tried typing house lighting in on google, see if there are any
documents about it on there? You basically need to know which of your
red and blakc wire are the ones to go in yoru light and which ones need
to be looped to form the circuit

Sorry I dont know much more, I tend to make anote of teh wires when I
rewire a light as otherwise its easy to forget which one does what

Tom
shaz4gaz wrote:
tried to reqire an found 3 more wires were lying there, maybe if i
connected black with red with the spare wires or wat wud that do?