Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rick F. Rick F. is offline

Default Lowes reselling returned merchandise

In article , Sharon wrote:
In article .com, "Ryan" writes:

Best Buy is known for this... not checking returned merchandise to make
certain it is not damaged or missing pieces before putting it back on
the shelves. I avoid any "open box" item at Best Buy or any store for
that reason.

This sort of thing is done all the time.. There's an electronics store just
down the street called Fry's Electronics and they tag all of their returns
so it's easy to tell.. Just perusing the isles, you'll find lots of tagged
items of all sorts. Those are the ones I will never touch as it's likely
something is missing, etc.

YMMV..