Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Bill is offline

Default 5/16" (.312) hole, 6" deep

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:39:52 -0500, J. Clarke wrote:

Plastic rolling pins?!?!?!?!? All of them that I have seen that aren't wood
are marble.

When I finished the ash rolling pin, my wife threw away her brand-new
plastic one. I've never seen her throw anything that still had a moment
of useful life remaining away before. But she didn't even flinch when she
pitched that pin. That tells me all I need to know about plastic rolling
pins.

I've since explained the anticipated strengthening surgery to her and
gotten her approval to do it.

I REALLY want to thank all who chimed in with responses ... especially
those who included URLs.