Posted to rec.woodworking
onoahimahi onoahimahi is offline

Default Wooden toolbox/chest plans

RayV wrote:
I'm thinking out building a toolbox/chest partially inspired by the
first link below and the fact that my bucket with the pockets just
isn't cutting it anymore.

I had the same urge to build a tool chest about a year ago and
purchased these plans which are pretty good:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,46158,42665

Then Rockler had a sale on their Gerstner International (read made in
China) chests and I bought one for $100. I thought about how many
projects I had time for and the number of projects in the queue and
decided to buy the Gerstner International box instead of build one.
It's not a bad box but its not a real Gerstner and looking at it
every day just made me want to replace it with a real, made in Dayton,
Ohio, Gerstner chest. Just this week I found an old one on Ebay for
$300 and it comes full of old machinist tools - I can't wait to recieve
it...

Scott