Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default ceiling light with pull chain

On 31 Oct 2006 16:55:04 -0800, "ck" wrote:

I need to install a ceiling light with pull chain. I purchase the
ceiling light and pull chain
separately, they don't come together.
There are black and white wire come from ceiling and the ceiling light
has black and white wire also.
I know I should connect the black and black, white and white wire
together.
But how to connect the pull chain wire? The pull chain come with two
black wire, I have no
idea how to connect with ceiling light wire and ceiling wire.
Please help.

How do you plan to mount the switch?

Maybe there is a knockout in the fixture. That would work.

You should put each of the black wires on the switch to one of the two
black wires you mentioned.

If you just connect white to white and black to black, the light will
be on all the time, iiuyc.

Thanks
ck