Posted to alt.home.repair
bowgus bowgus is offline

Default Leaking steel pipe - how to fix

Dave wrote:

What about using a fiberglass or something else? I'd rather just cut the cracked
steelpipe part away and weld a copper replacement part. Any ideas?

Related I suppose ... I had a leak in the 1/2 copper water pipe. A
temporary fix was to put a wrap or two of electrical tape around the
leak, and then apply a hose clamp ... the kind that tightens using a
screw. And about that temporary ... I put it on about a year ago, it's
still there. When I get around to redoing the bathroom (which may be
this winter, maybe next), I'll do the permanent fix.