Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default OT Lawmakers Look To Ban Metal Bats

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:00:58 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

At the end of WWII, when that 70's neighbor was maybe 10 years old,
there were less than 150 million people in the USA.

We just passed 300 million a few days ago.

The point is that more people in the same space create more demanding
conditions.

I recall reading some (sociological?) studies years ago done with lab
rats. As I recall, as their population density increased, the rate of
aberrant behavior increased much faster than did the population. Sort
of like the rats were being forced inside each others "fight or
flight" radius.

Wonder if that's why there seems to be so many two-legged vermin these
days.