Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default Running wire to freestanding building

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
. ..
Not sure why nobody's suggested a direct-burial wire (UF-B) with no
conduit. Seems like by far the easiest solution. Just water-jet under
the sidewalk as suggested. Make sure you're low enough to meet code.

-Tim

I'm aware it can be done without conduit, but this wire passes beneath two
flower beds. Enough said?

Not really. How deep do you dig your flowers? Code requires unprotected
UF-B to be something like 24" (don't quote me). If you're digging that deep
for flowers, you're planting something pretty hefty!

Just for safety, you could put a conduit around that portion, or a
pressure-treated board over it, or...

Or you can run the whole thing in conduit -- but it will be much more work.

-Tim