Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default The surveyors are coming!

Get the survey first- this should have been done before closing- see
how being cheap works out!!!! If in fact the neighbor has encroached
I would give him the opportunity to remove it.
If he refuses I would remove it .Maybe I might accidently hit it with a
truck and knock it down. Maybe a new fence would appear on the
property line. Let the neighbor try to start something. If he
complains let your title insurance (you do have that?) deal with it as
they have better lawyers than the old coot. If the coop and fence are
not on your land but create a nuisance you have the right to alleviate
the nuisance.

stay da course? wrote:
finally they are going to tell us where the property line is.
we bought this place with the understanding that there was an
encroachment.
a fence and chicken coup supposedly on our land.
Now , when we get the correct boundary , how to delicately get the
stuborn
old guy to move it?
he even tilted the roof of the coop to dump rain into our yard. Hasn't
helped the septic drain field.
HELP!
I Remember Another Quagmire = IRAQ