Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
BETA-2K BETA-2K is offline

Default commerical building fire sprinklers

Although no one mentioned it so far, I think your first step might be to
contact an alarm company (either the one that installed and/or monitors your
present system, or another alarm company, or an alarm supply company). I'm
sure the answer is a no-brainer for them.

In our area, the fire alarm system for a residential property only needs to
be set up so it "seizes" the existing phone line to make the outgoing alarm
call. It has to be set up so it accesses the phone line at the "D-Mark" I
think -- where the phone line comes in. I wouldn't be surprised if the same
is true of a commercial fire alarm system. Also in our area, all fire alarm
systems have to be set up so they are armed all of the time and cannot be
disarmed like burglar alarms can.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Last year we purchased a brand new industrial/office building in Orange
County, CA. The building came with fire sprinklers installed and there
is also a phone line dedicated to call 911 should a fire occur. We are
paying for this phone line apart from the regular phone lines that we
are paying for our normal office use.
I am wondering if there is any mandatory code requirement to have this
fire service phone line standby at all times? Or is it OK to disconnect
this phone line service, but of course, keeping the sprinklers.

Any tips are welcome.

Thanks