Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D. Jason D. is offline

Default The RCA CTC 185 chassis...dead!

On 29 Oct 2006 09:18:56 -0800, "Dani" wrote:

Has anyone got these 25, & 27" chassis to work, & stay working after
they blow up for the first time? The ones I have seen, keep blowing up,

even after replacing the flyback, diodes in the SMPS, & totally
rebuilding
the SMPS. Got any tips? Thanks, Dani.

Watch out, some had bad coil. The one with ferrite core in a bobbin,
fitz wire winding. The one with 4 pins upright (snap in). Not sure
if it is NLA already.

Also, check EVERYTHING in the regulator chopper, diodes, caps, coils
before powering up again. I have done several CTC185.

Oh yes, there is few that had glue on the coil for the horizontal
driver circuit.

Cheers, Wizard