Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.electronics

Default AC Adapters

Well, if you want to diddle up and down, we can henpeck and quibble
over the choice of words. But, mostly, I'd think that the odds of
reusing a wall wart rate between "no effing way" and "who do you think
you're kidding!".

Exceptions are based on purchasing the same brand and type of
equipment. Many Nokia or Motorola cell phones use the same charger. As
also with some answering machines.

At the moment, I've got wall warts for

- Battery Manager Ultra, battery charger
- battery charger for AA and AAA only
- Answering machine
- Motorola cell phone
- Nokia cell phone
- Last cell phone, can't remember what it was.
- NEC cell phone, still have the old analog phone.
- Panasonic 9.6 volt drills (don't any of them hold a good charge, and
you can't get that model at Home Depot any more).
- Tape recorder

And several other chargers. Like old keys, they don't fit anything any
more, but too good to throw out.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to Stormin Mormon :
In the modern generation, charge plugs known as "wall warts" are

like
coat hangers of the last generation. I've taken to labelling mine

with
a sticker and some writing.

The odds of finding similar voltage and plug design is very slight.

If
the new device is the same voltage, you can use a charge plug with a
higher available amperage, in most situaitons.

It's not quite "very slight", but it isn't great ;-)

That said, I've become quite annoyed with the whole thing, and am
seriously thinking of building a desk wiring harness that has a single
(possibly 20VAC) supply, with plug in (eg: 1/4" phone jacks
or somesuch) adapters that contain the different voltage/AC-DC/plug
converters.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
It's not just anyone who gets a Starship Cruiser class named after